Tuesday 3 February 2015

A 2014 Summary

At the start of 2014 I had 324 summits on my combined ticklist of TRAIL 100 summits, Nuttalls, WASHIS, Bridges and Buxton & Lewis summits.  I had set myself a target of 10 years to complete them and in 2014 aimed to tick 33 of them which should include 6 TRAIL 100s and 25 Nuttalls.

I fell some way short !

Overall I :
            went on            11                                 walks
            walked              69.9                              miles
            ascended          25,528                           feet
            walked for         54 hrs 50 mins              (including rest stops !)
            reached            33                                  individual summits that I hadn’t been to before
            reached            1                                    individual summit that I had been to before
            reached            17                                  summits on my combined ticklist
            reached            5                                    previously unclimbed TRAIL 100 summits
            reached            14                                  previously unclimbed Nuttall summits
            drove                2498                              miles on trips to and from walks

Of the specific summits that I stated were 2014 targets, I did manage to tick the 3 Peak district Nuttalls but didn’t manage to get near the 6 Cheviot, 3 Dartmoor and 1 Malvern summits on my list.  And Pillar Rock still needs to be done !

I didn’t get out as much as I’d have liked but I was satisfied with the summits that I did reach the top of.  The highlights were all in Scotland – Buachaille Etive Mor, Stac Pollaidh and Quinag all lived up to their excellent reputations.

No comments:

Post a Comment